View Single Post
Old 07-18-2013, 07:40 PM   #17 (permalink)
cujet
EcoModding Lurker

Sentra,

You know better than that. Not only that, but an attempt at putting me on the defensive is a cheap tactic.

Let's remain on topic, The 3rd and the 4th Amdt's. Yes, the third. Any Constitutional scholar knows the very unwelcome quartering of soldiers during peace time was not related only to the pantry and the bedroom. There is a component of first hand knowledge that cannot/could not be found remotely by a "standing army". Do we not have something approaching a "standing army" now, in the DHS, State and Local agencies? I submit that we do. And, under the 3rd and the 4th, these government agencies are not entitled to any information about me, other that that provided in the required Census. This includes information of my travels, my habits, my possessions, my associations and so on.

Since when did it become acceptable for Americans to be interrogated during conventional travel? (interrogated: Ask questions of (someone, esp. a suspect or a prisoner) closely, aggressively, or formally) I've been detained, interrogated, and significantly delayed by government agents. Please explain how the "Plain Language Meaning" of the 4th allows any of this?

For example: If I choose to exercise my right to remain silent, I then end up with a damaged car, detention, abusive treatment and so on. Tell me how great this is.

Last edited by cujet; 07-18-2013 at 07:45 PM..