View Single Post
Old 07-18-2013, 10:06 PM   #245 (permalink)
P-hack
Master EcoModder

awesomer - '04 Toyota prius
"Renault-Nissan says that the stunning results were made possible by some driver training tips that showed the EV users how to improve range by up to 25%, despite only a 1% drop in average speed."

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamIan View Post

Remember where the generator trailer was shown with corrected math and actual references ... that there are situations where the generator can be more efficient , from fuel to road.
I saw you reaching for peak values and not matching things up operationally. I found it disingenuous. You claim there are ALWAYS situations where series is better, I cannot prove the negative of that for a given situation. So pick a situation (lets start with common situations), then we can both nail down the design.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamIan View Post
Or is your religion too strong , to let you agree with the evidence?
Series has a lot of ground to make up, it isn't religion at all, just probability, lots of data and examples. Without knowing that you have looked at the operational parameters of the series system, matched up motor efficiency vs speed vs conversion power requirements vs generator efficiency at that power level and ICE efficiency at that power level, plus charge/discharge efficiency if you are using the battery, I have to assume you take it on faith.

Last edited by P-hack; 07-18-2013 at 10:26 PM..