View Single Post
Old 07-19-2013, 05:35 AM   #249 (permalink)
IamIan
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-hack View Post
I saw you reaching for peak values and not matching things up operationally. I found it disingenuous. You claim there are ALWAYS situations where series is better, I cannot prove the negative of that for a given situation. So pick a situation (lets start with common situations), then we can both nail down the design.
Clarifications:

#1> It is not disingenuous at all... 0%

#2> I have repeatedly disagreed with the ALWAYS part every time you try to put that incorrect label on my position ... it is still incorrect... it is not what I am claiming... it is not what I have ever claimed... unlike your claim of it not being under ... "Any situation" ... you've included all possible situations... I on the other hand have pointed out that it is not a black and white one sided thing... I have already written several times that I can see situations where the pusher is better and/or more efficient.

#3> I gave referenced sources ... the math was correct ... if you can not disprove it ... your scientific burden is clear.

#4> If there is something you want clarified about the previously shown and referenced situations ... ask and I will try to accommodate you.

Quote:
Series has a lot of ground to make up, it isn't religion at all, just probability, lots of data and examples.
This current discussion is not about 'series' as whole ... that is a much larger topic ... this is the more precise/narrow topic of a generator trailer vs a pusher trailer... for a BEV... what are the pros and cons of each ... In what situations is one a better choice than the other.

If it is science based ... that requires you to disprove the evidence based theory presented to you ... if you can't do that science's requirement for you is clear... the thing you keep dodging.

Quote:
Without knowing that you have looked at the operational parameters of the series system, matched up motor efficiency vs speed vs conversion power requirements vs generator efficiency at that power level and ICE efficiency at that power level, plus charge/discharge efficiency if you are using the battery, I have to assume you take it on faith.
All of that was already done in previous posts.

It came to ~35% vs ~28% ... and yet you refuse to admit 35>28.

I suggest you either ... go back and re-read it ... ask for clarification / explanation about some part of it ... or give up this new found effort of your to try and discredit others with phrases like 'religion' and 'faith'... when your the one so far flying against the wind of evidence.

When evidence has been given ... weather you like the results of that evidence or not ... scientific method determines what your claim should be... and yet you stubbornly refuse to do that ... without evidence ... vs the evidence ... that is NOT science ... that is either too stuborn to admit when you were wrong ... or faith on your part that allows you to ignore the evidence presented to you ...

- - - - -- -

This whole reply of yours ... reads to me as if something like your religion/faith/ego is too strong ... you can not bring yourself to agree with the evidence presented to you... Too bad.

We can agree to disagree ... but I will not buy this ... put down of yours about faith and religion ... when you're the one who is so far ... refusing to go along with the evidence presented to you.