Thread: 70.91mpg...
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2013, 09:26 AM   #4 (permalink)
mikeyjd
Master EcoModder

Matchbox - '93 Ford Festiva L
Team Ford
Last 3: 70.16 mpg (US)

Salamander - '99 Chrysler Concorde LXI
Team Dodge
90 day: 30.3 mpg (US)

Urquhart - '97 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 V6 3.4L DLX
Pickups
90 day: 25.81 mpg (US)

Smudge - '98 Toyota Tacoma
90 day: 40.65 mpg (US)

Calebro - '15 Renault Trafic 1.25 dci
90 day: 39.39 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sully06 View Post
I say be happy but also if the mods aren't terribly hard I'd go for them that way you would achieve 70mpg easier
That is probably a much better idea than bashing my head against a wall trying to hit 80mpg. 70mpg took quite a bit of slow driving, but it would be cool to stay there at higher speeds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by California98Civic View Post
Congrats on a great milestone!

Agreed. I settled on 60+ mpg as the only goal once I realized that it required too much obsession for my tastes to get to higher levels. This car is my daily driver. I need to think of it as a tool to get me to places I MUST get to efficiently (in terms of time) and with as little mood-altering hassle as Southern California can provide. My ongoing modding is all about making 60+ easier to sustain, especially in winter.
Thanks! Yeah this is my daily driver too. I have allot of backroads I can use that are the same distance as using the highway which allow me to have some fun doing P&G almost as much as I want. I do think that the warm (90-100F) weather plays a big role and I know I can't depend on that going forward. I'm thinking 70mpg would be a good goal for tanks long term