View Single Post
Old 07-21-2013, 01:23 PM   #436 (permalink)
RedDevil
Master EcoWalker

Red Devil - '11 Honda Insight Elegance
Team Honda
90 day: 49.01 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,245 Times in 1,454 Posts
First time > 60 mpg...!
Went to Germany, had to fill up on the way back. Was aiming for a 1000 km tank but chickened out when I found a station that was open after having passed one that was unreachable due to road repair...
Sad thing too as the first 100 km or so on the new tank had an average of 3.0 l per 100 km or just below 80 mpg! And I had more than 5 liters in the tank... 1000 km would have been easy and have given me an even better FE record fill!
Ah well. Next tank will be good too if nothing strange happens.

As usual I was driving along with the right lane traffic most of the time, but I tried to max it out where possible (no speed limit om several stretches on the Autobahn!) but every time the speed got above 140 km/h someone pulled out from the slow lane right in front of me and I had to brake hard.
After 6 attempts or so I gave up; my eco mind could stand no more power wasted. I went on in the right lane and watched how the German-made cars roared by at sometimes over 200 km/h. It's a conspiracy

For confirmation go to people just like you.
For education go to people unlike yourself.

Last edited by RedDevil; 07-21-2013 at 01:33 PM..