View Single Post
Old 07-22-2013, 10:59 AM   #73 (permalink)
slownugly
Burn lean and prosper\\//

VLX - '93 Honda Civic VLX
Team Honda
90 day: 51.1 mpg (US)
My block is bored waiting for him to hone it, resize the rods, and turn the crank then he can order me some parts. Finally got the camshaft after a month. They had to custom grind it. I guess a lot of people dont order the high mpg camshafts haha. It's an iskedendrian mile-a-more. Rpm range is 1000-3500. Should build great torque at that 1600-2000 cruise rpm. I'm using crower camsaver lifters. For those who don't know flat tappet camshafts have had a LOT of problems in the past 10 years. Oil manufactures started taking zinc out of their oils so people started wearing flat tappet camshafts like crazy. The solution is run racing oils that contains the additive in it or put a zinc additive in at every oil change. These crower camsaver lifters provide extra oil to the surfaces. Id rather spend the extra money and have it reliable than change the cam after 5k miles. One guy wore a comp cams in a 258 after 44 miles!!! In addition to that I'm using an assembly lube that is rich in zinc.

I also got my seat covers!!! They look awesome!! The teal matches the cars paint perfectly. I stripped one seat frame down to see what I got. Looks like I'll sandblast them and por15 them, install new inner springs, fit it with new burlap, and custom make new foam cushions. It's gona be fun!!!