View Single Post
Old 06-25-2008, 02:52 AM   #69 (permalink)
JamesLaugesen
EcoModding Lurker

Buell XB12X - '06 Buell XB12X
90 day: 49.02 mpg (US)

Grand Cherokee WH - '06 Jeep Grand Cherokee WH (WK Export)
90 day: 15.46 mpg (US)

Honda CRV RD - '05 Honda CR-V 4WD Sport
90 day: 24.44 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerX View Post
This discussion forum, "Right now" is talking about Browns Gas and so I think we are all trying to figure out how economical it would be, to make/use it in a gasoline "designed" engine.
Yes... well it seems like only some of us are having that discussion, others seem to be diverging onto hydrogen, including Mythbusters with their poor excuse for an experiment, proving only that an overunity "water powered car" is not possible... wow, go figure.

Quote:
Many devices that produce hydrogen via on-board electrolysis feed not pure hydrogen, but a mixture of hydrogen and oxygen, to the engine. This mixture (two parts hydrogen to one part oxygen) is commonly known as Brown's Gas. Various semi-magical properties are claimed for this gas, but these are widely disputed and should be considered with scepticism.
I think this is what "we" are keen to investigate more, HHO/Brown's gas/oxyhydrogen seems to be lumped onto the end of hydrogen discussions.
The evidence against running pure hydrogen (including production, tuning, etc) is then used to discredit the oxyhydrogen claims, with no citation of real scientific testing of oxyhydrogen specifically.
Just because HHO has H in it doesn't make it the same thing.

Oh and for the record I don't believe the claimed HHO benefits... and I plan to do my best to disprove it .

The claims of hacked 'thrown together' HHO setups seem to be coming from older carb'd cars. I have an '87 Ford Meteor (or Laser in US) with carb, I know every piece of the car inside and out, so if these claims are true, I should eventually also get an improvement.
If that happened, I'd be happy to give the car to someone else (in Sydney of course) for a week of independant testing.