View Single Post
Old 07-26-2013, 12:02 AM   #25 (permalink)
skelly
EcoModding Lurker

I've been gone for a while. I sold my Mazda Protege5 a couple of years ago and bought a 2010 Corolla. The Corolla already had a fuel economy readout so the MPGuino was rolling around in my glovebox for a couple of years.

I just bought a '06 Wrangler and I resurrected the MPGuino a couple of days ago. It is installed and working like a champ.

I've posted all of the code changes from this original thread to github:

https://github.com/skelliam/mpguino_fork

So what is going on with MPGuino, is dcb still around and active with it?

One thing I learned after installing the MPGuino is how to get into fuel cut mode. In my Mazda Protege5 with manual trans it was quite easy, and you could hear and feel when it was happening. Jumping to the Corolla, it was also really *really* easy to get into fuel cut mode, even during cruise control if you were going SLIGHTLY downhill you could feel fuel cut happening.

My Wrangler, not so much. I had it for about a week before installing the MPGuino and I had definitely the suspicion that it was not entering fuel cut mode at all. After installing the MPGuino I could confirm that suspicion -- but also I learned that it *WILL* enter fuel cut mode but only under very extreme conditions, like very high engine rpm off throttle. In 5th or 6th gear, coasting, it simply won't enter.

Anyhoo, enough rambling, fork and hack away on my github repo if you are so inclined. Sorry it has been so long.