Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Instrumentation > OpenGauge / MPGuino FE computer
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2009, 08:23 PM   #21 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange4boy View Post
Are there any issues with using the earlier versions of arduino?
Can you just flash the chip with the older versions of the code like .75
Where / on which program would I see the data on a mac?
Should be no issues going back to 0.75.

If you plug the MPGuino into your computer, and then fire up the Ardunio IDE, you should see the data appear in the debug window there.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 05-20-2010, 01:44 PM   #22 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

HI! I know its been a while, but where can i find a full code for MPGuino? With full, I mean, all code hacks, this tank memory thing, distance to emty etc etc... i am not very advanced with programming so my code hacking is quite unsuccessful

can someone post a fully modified code? or send me e-mail to burritto AT inbox DOT lv

very much appreciated
Old 03-09-2011, 06:11 AM   #23 (permalink)
Bix
EcoModding Lurker

Even though its now 2 years late, but does anyone have the code for this? The bar graph and saving to eprom sounds interesting.
Old 03-29-2011, 03:38 PM   #24 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Green Metro - '99 Chevrolet Metro LSi Sedan
90 day: 32.78 mpg (US)

Metro Vert - '91 Geo Metro LSi Convertible
90 day: 50.52 mpg (US)
I and others are working on implementing this into the new firmware, check the release 2 workspace thread
Old 07-26-2013, 12:02 AM   #25 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

I've been gone for a while. I sold my Mazda Protege5 a couple of years ago and bought a 2010 Corolla. The Corolla already had a fuel economy readout so the MPGuino was rolling around in my glovebox for a couple of years.

I just bought a '06 Wrangler and I resurrected the MPGuino a couple of days ago. It is installed and working like a champ.

I've posted all of the code changes from this original thread to github:

https://github.com/skelliam/mpguino_fork

So what is going on with MPGuino, is dcb still around and active with it?

One thing I learned after installing the MPGuino is how to get into fuel cut mode. In my Mazda Protege5 with manual trans it was quite easy, and you could hear and feel when it was happening. Jumping to the Corolla, it was also really *really* easy to get into fuel cut mode, even during cruise control if you were going SLIGHTLY downhill you could feel fuel cut happening.

My Wrangler, not so much. I had it for about a week before installing the MPGuino and I had definitely the suspicion that it was not entering fuel cut mode at all. After installing the MPGuino I could confirm that suspicion -- but also I learned that it *WILL* enter fuel cut mode but only under very extreme conditions, like very high engine rpm off throttle. In 5th or 6th gear, coasting, it simply won't enter.

Anyhoo, enough rambling, fork and hack away on my github repo if you are so inclined. Sorry it has been so long.
Old 08-11-2013, 09:13 PM   #26 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

I think you still have the brightness settings in debug mode on github. The brightness array doesn't have 0 as the first element. Other than that, I was able to load it up, and I'll see how it works tomorrow. Good work, and thanks!
Old 08-12-2013, 10:41 PM   #27 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by aharvey View Post
I think you still have the brightness settings in debug mode on github. The brightness array doesn't have 0 as the first element. Other than that, I was able to load it up, and I'll see how it works tomorrow. Good work, and thanks!
Hm... It never has had zero as the first element. I checked the repo and even back to the first change I made in April '09... I'm assuming you can't get the backlight to turn off after flashing this...?

Reply  Post New Thread