View Single Post
Old 07-28-2013, 08:26 PM   #49 (permalink)
RustyLugNut
Master EcoModder

No, you are wrong about my discussion and it's intentions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCPlayland View Post
I do have to say, after reviewing your location Rusty... I can see now why your so uptight about legality and such.

blah , blah , blah . . .

On a side note.... I am not here for political banter.

Thank you!
You proposed a business model for small diesel truck conversions. I gave you a succinct discussion on the hurdles of such a model. It must include the laws and political/economic climate. If you build a business, you MUST include such discussions in your analysis. They cannot be avoided.

If you want to build just one vehicle to hide away in your corner of the globe, then have at it. No one much cares what you do. Until you are caught of course.

I am not uptight. I just happen to be a paid researcher and this is my specialty vocation as of the last two and a half decades - combustion theory and emissions mitigation with an emphasis in diesels.

You have decided my information is of no value to you. I've seen the smokey Ranger/S10 Cummins 4BT conversions on Youtube. Fun, but utterly illegal and impossible to re-sell. I wrote some of the owners of the videos and they agree, they will have to pull some fast shananigans to sell the converted trucks - or junk them. This sounds like the path you have chosen.

I, on the other hand, have chosen to play the EPA's game and turn it into a profitable business. I can take an old smokey Cummins and make it meet Tier II Bin 5 emissions levels and improve the BSFC ( brake specific fuel consumption ).

Again, welcome to the forums. But, like any open forum, there is good information and some really awful stuff. Feel free to look at my posts. I strive to avoid being in the later category of posters.