Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Introductions
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-27-2013, 06:11 PM   #41 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Welcome to the threads. Enjoy the reading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCPlayland View Post
Post away... I am going to read other threads.
By the way, EPA rulings still cover your States. The local official may allow it. The EPA official can overrule it. Much of what goes on here on these forums is illegal by the letter of the law.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 07-27-2013, 06:19 PM   #42 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Actually, a thread on mini pickup diesel conversions is in order.

Quote:
I actually think it about time for a moderator or admin to step in and lock this thread... or just delete it/trim it... for factual data that does help and does not waste others time.
I have done engine swaps with the Cummins line of engines and the Mercedes Diesel line. Feel free to start a thread and I am sure others will follow over and help you out.
Old 07-27-2013, 06:24 PM   #43 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Here is productive.

It has already been discussed and pointed out the 4tb swap is not going to get my my goal. Too heavy of a engine.

An alternative has already been proposed and I am researching that when I am not bantering with you.

I am not seeking a larger truck, no F150's. I am seeking a small economy size truck.

I know the option of a older style (80's) truck, but earlier already had discussed my concerns for parts availability, hence why I asked about newer engine swaps with newer style small trucks that currently reside in other countries.
Old 07-27-2013, 06:28 PM   #44 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Good for you.

Quote:
Here is productive.

It has already been discussed and pointed out the 4tb swap is not going to get my my goal. Too heavy of a engine.

An alternative has already been proposed and I am researching that when I am not bantering with you.

I am not seeking a larger truck, no F150's. I am seeking a small economy size truck.

I know the option of a older style (80's) truck, but earlier already had discussed my concerns for parts availability, hence why I asked about newer engine swaps with newer style small trucks that currently reside in other countries.
Since Federal Legality is of no issue to you, you can pretty much choose any engine/truck combination.
Old 07-27-2013, 06:30 PM   #45 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

A good example of legality, not federal...

Radar detectors are sold just about everywhere... yet in some states/areas they are illegal to use. Yet you can still buy them in those areas.

Hence, political... I am not here for that.
Old 07-27-2013, 06:35 PM   #46 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

You keep pressing towards political bs.

You are right... It is not an issue with me. If you didn't get that impression from the get go when I said I am not here for political jargon 20 posts ago... well I don't know what to say.
Old 07-27-2013, 06:39 PM   #47 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Just one bit of insight of what I have learned here.

I have been very interested in the thread of using different temp plugs to gain/lose mpg.

That is legal. For now at least.... lmao!
Old 07-27-2013, 06:56 PM   #48 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

I do have to say, after reviewing your location Rusty... I can see now why your so uptight about legality and such.

I do not live in California. I live in the midwest. We are not that uptight here in the midwest.

If the authorities started doing random emissions tests here... the populous would laugh them out of the state.

I am not kidding when I tell you that you can build just about anything and get it licensed with a few rules/guidelines.

Living in California... well there is a price to pay to live in paradise.

Just like living in the country versus the city here in the midwest. If you want to build your own home with your designs that are not common and sometimes better than code.... your better off building in the country where there isn't any city building codes.

So when your coming at me with all this legality and limited, already discussed issues, that were already early on, given alternatives....

Your just posting in this thread to banter... or did you even read those posts?

Again, and for the love of god, last time....

Hello,

I am seeking knowledge and feeling like a novice after I read the thread by Diesel Dave reporting he got 50mpg with a full size truck... WOW!

I have done some research before joining this forum about the older style 4 cylinder diesels... yet I am concerned with parts availability.... (which still not addressed yet if so or not).

I have viewed some S-10 swaps on youtube and other resources on the internet, but as pointed out before... the 4tb is a heavy engine and such... not forgetting that I addressed parts availability for swapping a older 80's style engine in a newer style small truck...

I am excited to find data and resources here that will help me bring my goal to fruition.

On a side note.... I am not here for political banter.

Thank you!
Old 07-28-2013, 08:26 PM   #49 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

No, you are wrong about my discussion and it's intentions.

Quote:
I do have to say, after reviewing your location Rusty... I can see now why your so uptight about legality and such.

blah , blah , blah . . .

On a side note.... I am not here for political banter.

Thank you!
You proposed a business model for small diesel truck conversions. I gave you a succinct discussion on the hurdles of such a model. It must include the laws and political/economic climate. If you build a business, you MUST include such discussions in your analysis. They cannot be avoided.

If you want to build just one vehicle to hide away in your corner of the globe, then have at it. No one much cares what you do. Until you are caught of course.

I am not uptight. I just happen to be a paid researcher and this is my specialty vocation as of the last two and a half decades - combustion theory and emissions mitigation with an emphasis in diesels.

You have decided my information is of no value to you. I've seen the smokey Ranger/S10 Cummins 4BT conversions on Youtube. Fun, but utterly illegal and impossible to re-sell. I wrote some of the owners of the videos and they agree, they will have to pull some fast shananigans to sell the converted trucks - or junk them. This sounds like the path you have chosen.

I, on the other hand, have chosen to play the EPA's game and turn it into a profitable business. I can take an old smokey Cummins and make it meet Tier II Bin 5 emissions levels and improve the BSFC ( brake specific fuel consumption ).

Again, welcome to the forums. But, like any open forum, there is good information and some really awful stuff. Feel free to look at my posts. I strive to avoid being in the later category of posters.
Old 08-14-2013, 01:30 PM   #50 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

I will refrain from further political banter with you.

As with most political banter... it is only to serve those who have power and punish those who do not.

I am from a political family. I have first hand knowledge of how and why you speak as you do.

Come to the midwest where we make things work... not dance around the movie stars and kiss political buttocks.

Reply  Post New Thread