View Single Post
Old 06-25-2008, 01:20 PM   #12 (permalink)
ALS
EcoModding Apprentice

I've been using Fuel Power 60 and it's replacement FP-3000 from Lube Control for a few years with good results.
I found that I had forgot to add it on my last two tanks and I saw my fuel mileage drop. The first one was slight and the second one jumped way out in front of me when I saw my fuel mileage on that tank. I didn't forget to add it when I filled up yesterday. I'll see what this tanks mileage is in a few weeks when I fill up again. From what I can tell I lost between .75 and 1.25 mpg in those two tanks.
Another product I have had great results with is Auto-Rx.
I used it in my 97 Volvo 960 at 70K miles and saw a jump between one and one and a half mpg. It is an engine cleaner you dump in your oil and drive for 2,500 to 3,000 miles. I use 3oz as a maintenance dose in my DD a 87 Volvo 740 turbo and the valve train and the camshaft is spotless.
Other than those two I haven't seen any product that really does what it says. Two others that seem to have had good reviews are Seafoam and Marvel Mystery Oil. Personally I have never used them so no input on those two.