View Single Post
Old 07-31-2013, 04:23 PM   #49 (permalink)
doviatt
Master EcoModder

Grey Goose (Retired) - '89 Geo Metro LSI 4 door hatch back
Last 3: 57.16 mpg (US)

Tweety - '91 Geo Metro Convertible -2 Door convertible LSI
Team Metro
90 day: 43.97 mpg (US)

Shadow - '02 Honda Shadow VT1100
90 day: 43.46 mpg (US)

Sonic - '07 Honda CBR1000RR
90 day: 42.69 mpg (US)

Filmore - '84 Volkswagen Vanagon
90 day: 20.9 mpg (US)
While there are a lot of occasion for bad behavior I will say a majority of traffic I see every day moves along just fine weather I am around or not. I will say most drivers are completely unaware of my speed or position but they know I'm there. They are content to just go with the flow. I stay out of their way. I am not a nuisance nor do I impede traffic. There are many lanes to pass safely on my left which as good sheep and attentive drivers they usually do if needed without thought or effort.
The emphasis of this thread seems to be addressing the selfish, intolerant, aggressive, inattentive drivers. There is no help for them. Even normal traffic flow will upset them because of situations they create.
I actually see more cars willing to match my speed in effort to save fuel and be safe than I do of the occasional intolerant ones trying to pass on the right. The friendly travelers have no need to pass and give lots of buffer room. They know why I travel in the slow lane and attach themselves for the right reasons. A majority of society can be painted with a positive brush. Sometimes it takes lots of effort....

Last edited by doviatt; 07-31-2013 at 05:22 PM..