View Single Post
Old 08-02-2013, 08:41 AM   #4 (permalink)
California98Civic
Cyborg ECU

Black and Green - '98 Honda Civic DX Coupe
Team Honda
90 day: 66.42 mpg (US)

Black and Red - '00 Nashbar Custom built eBike
90 day: 3671.43 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,172 Times in 1,469 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by roosterk0031 View Post
I like the new malibu's 6 speed auto with 2.4 auto and flex fuel, rated at 33 hwy. Better looks IMO that the impala or cruize. E85 is 2.499 right now so great to have the option. 26 combined is just 3 mpg combine, or 4 hwy behind my 2.2 5 spd cobalt and the Malibu is a whole lot more car. Look forward to seeing your results.
This is the 2012 and I'm not sure it is the E85 flexfuel edition. The transmission also has one of those automatic "manual" functions. On the gear selector is a +/- rocker switch to select gears with. Mainly it is for "sport." But it might help hypermiling if you practice a lot. The trans seems maybe less prone to unwanted down-shifting on hills, but not much less prone to it, if it is at all.

Next couple of days features a lot of driving on highways... will have some "data" soon.
See my car's mod & maintenance thread and my electric bicycle's thread for ongoing projects. I will rebuild Black and Green over decades as parts die, until it becomes a different car of roughly the same shape and color. My minimum fuel economy goal is 55 mpg while averaging posted speed limits. I generally top 60 mpg. See also my Honda manual transmission specs thread.