View Single Post
Old 08-05-2013, 09:21 AM   #196 (permalink)
mechman600
Master EcoModder

Fusion - '16 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
Oooo... looks nice!

Controller amps are 400. Voltage: 48. Math... up to you!

Edit... as an aside, thet twin motor in the ForkenSwift has never gotten hot. Extra toasty warm? Sure. But never so warm that I couldn't leave my hand on it, even after an extended (20-25 minute) run at ultimate maximum top speed (~65 km/h on the flat).
Now I am delighted.

The math is simple, really. My 450 amp Alltrax controller outputs 12.5% more amps than your Curtis, which means roughly 12.5% more torque, minus slightly more efficiency loss with the higher current. The big difference is that my 72 volts can jam those amps in a much higher RPM than yours, meaning more HP.

Wow...here I am sounding like the Electric Booger is a high performance machine of some sort!

The fan seems really powerful on this motor. It's the main thing you hear when it's running. It will be interesting to see how it handles the hill on the way home from work.

One thing I am doing this time is drilling and tapping the case/end cap somewhere to install the coolant temp sensor from the ICE. I kept it for such an occasion. Though it won't be accurate (as OEM temp gauges never are), at least it will be somewhat functional.