View Single Post
Old 06-25-2008, 07:52 PM   #14 (permalink)
SVOboy
Dartmouth 2010

Vegan Powa! - '91 Honda CRX DX
Team Honda
90 day: 66.52 mpg (US)
Send a message via AIM to SVOboy Send a message via MSN to SVOboy Send a message via Yahoo to SVOboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by echomodder View Post
Ok so after consulting my lawyer (ie looking at SVOBoy's link) if there was no posted min. limit they could give him a ticker for going 5mi under the min non-posted limit. I guess if were going to a hypermiling fest we better read up on all the min-max speed limit laws for each state were going to be going through. United Phhhhhhhhhhh.
Probably a good idea. Perhaps my reaction is a little strong, but I think I should contextualize.

There's lots of negative press, and negativity surrounding hypermiling right now. Even when people get on TV and do very moderate stuff I've talked to people (in real life) who tell me they think it's ridiculous or unlawful or dangerous. When I was doing a radio interview this morning I was asked about the "Craziest" thing hypermilers do, because a lot of the press has turned into a zoo-like "look at this nutjob" type thing, and that's really difficult to counteract.