View Single Post
Old 06-25-2008, 08:11 PM   #20 (permalink)
EP3
EcoModding Lurker

02WhiteEp3 - '02 Honda Civic Si
90 day: 28.35 mpg (US)
Send a message via AIM to EP3
You know what I am a Firefighter in NC and when we have to block lanes on the highway sometimes I40 mostly. The Cops hate this and try to get us to move our trucks even though this is our "scene". We have a bubble we try to protect. Not only for the victims but for us and the Cops..."Safety zone" around crashe is what it is called check out this video This is a video of this. This Cop tells the Engineer or the driver that he has got to move his truck. The Captain or the guy in the T-shirt and pants. He is in charge of this crew. He tells the Eng. Not to move the truck. So the Cpt and the Officer agrue and the Cops arrest the Cpt. Let it be known the Cop was fined and I think given some days off. Sorry but some Cops think they are gods sometimes. Understand my Dad was a Cop, my Cousin, and I have a few friends who are still Cops. Now firefighters are cocky too at times.

If you are a cop or have love ones who are I am not sorry for my comments but let it be known I still respect Cops for what they do. This is just a bad Cop of the few out there. State Troopers are sometimes wrost. I think this is why he was so hard on him it was a State Trooper.

In my job I see a lot of crashes 99% of them are do to HIGHER THAN NORMAL SPEED. 50 in a 65 is not stupid. Now going 50 in a zone that is marked 65 where people drive 85 should not be the driver fault who is going 50. If he was blocking lanes of traffic or if it was on a 2 lane Highway..one going one direction and the other going the opposite then yeah he should go atleast 60-65 in my oppion.

Also no one should argue with the cop or be a smartie. This will get you know where and in some states can get you arrested, or more fines. Argue in court or have your lawyer argue even better for you.

Ahhh I feel better now. =)