Thread: Pulse and Glide
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2008, 12:09 AM   #15 (permalink)
Twerp
Modified Driver

Frozen Tundra - '03 Toyota Tundra 4WD SR5 Access Cab
90 day: 26.51 mpg (US)

Red Skateboard - '91 Honda Civic DX
90 day: 45.49 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EP3 View Post
I am speaking about if done wrong thats all. If someone was to lock there column and panic. If someone put it in the wrong gear. If someone had to stop real fast and did not have full assist of brakes. This one is reaching...If you have early airbags they may not fire off if the solinods lost they energy stored up =) reaching I know.
My safety concern would be steering lockup. On my truck, it's not an issue because the "Acc" position is right below "Run." On my fiance's Ford, the "Acc" position is below the "Lock" or "ACK!" position. So if she was to kill her engine in a turn, the wheel could lock. Should be simple enough to turn the key back and unlock it, but that little "WTF!" moment as the car seems locked into a collision course with a huge boulder might prevent an otherwise rational brain from figuring that out.

Brakes though, not a problem on most vehicles I've driven. There is usually enough power left in the brakes to effectively stop the vehicle at least twice. After two presses on the pedal, it starts requiring more muscle, but the right amount of adrenaline usually does the trick... Or just turn the vehicle back on after the second brake press.

That's my two cents.