View Single Post
Old 08-09-2013, 06:50 PM   #173 (permalink)
101Volts
Master EcoModder

Woody - '90 Mercury Grand Marquis Wagon LS
Last 3: 19.57 mpg (US)

Brick - '99 Chevrolet K2500 Suburban LS
Last 3: 12.94 mpg (US)

M. C. - '01 Chevrolet Impala Base
90 day: 17.09 mpg (US)

R. J. - '05 Ford Explorer 4wd
90 day: 16.66 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjts1 View Post
The only insane thing is wasting not only your time but other people's time because you want to save a penny per mile.

No. You're required to move over to the right regardless of the speed limit.
(Slower traffic keep right image)
It doesn't say anything about speed limit. The speed limit and slower traffic keep right are separate laws. Just because the guy behind you is speeding doesn't give you the right to block traffic. You are both breaking the law. Leave the job of law enforcement to the police.
Perhaps we were arguing about things we actually already agree on. What is your argument? I thought you were saying "Let's all go 65 exactly regardless of which lane we're in." but it seems that perhaps you thought others were saying "Let's go under that speed limit regardless of the lane and possibly block traffic in the fast lane!" Well, I can't speak for others here but that's not what I meant; I was saying "I advocate going 55 in the right lane".

On another similar subject, A while back I wasn't aware that the left lane should be reserved for faster traffic so I commend you, Tjts for bringing that to my attention.