View Single Post
Old 08-09-2013, 07:43 PM   #175 (permalink)
user removed
Master EcoModder

Thanked 2,024 Times in 1,304 Posts
A trooper pulled one of my customers over. He was doing 7 over in the left lane in a 60 MPH zone. The trooper told him he was obstructing the flow of traffic going that slow and he needed to move over to the right lane.

I guess if he had been going 3 MPH faster the trooper would have given him a ticket.

About 10 times since I started driving I have had a cop with lights on come up behind me, only to pass me and pull the car, in front of me, over. That was 73 in a 55 when it last happened and everyone was passing me. I don't drive like that anymore, for at least 20 years.

The average speed of traffic coming south from DC, when it is not plugged up and crawling, is probably close to 75-80 MPH. Go 55 or less on that road and you might have a Peterbilt for a trunk lid ornament. Better yet, do it on a motorcycle and buy a nice life insurance policy for someone you want to give a nice gift.

80 is wreckless in Va. I had a Prius pass me at 90 when I was driving a V12 BMW. The BMW might have been getting better fuel mileage .

I have talked to several troopers about possibly more strict enforcement of the speed limits here which is a joke. Every one of them said the speeders were so prolific they usually look for those going over 80 which is wreckless, automatic $500 fine.

I would love to live out in the country where I could put a target out back and pop away at it with my Garand and drive 20 miles without seeing another car, but the wife won't live that far away from a Wal-Mart.

regards
Mech