View Single Post
Old 08-10-2013, 09:12 AM   #179 (permalink)
songman
In the slow lane

Civic Type R - '08 Honda Civic
90 day: 38.19 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by XYZ View Post
Have you no memory of what you said? Yes, that's what "keep right except to pass" means - that you are required to move up to the maximum or pull over to let others through. Your convenient loss of memory of your initial statement is "extraordinary", indeed.

I think you need to work on your memory skills and stop engaging in denial of what you said.

And you need to stop being so bloody rude. Aren't these forums supposed to encourage good driving? The kind of fury on display in this thread puts a big question mark on all that.

When I said "pull over" I meant "pull over". This means move out of the slow lane and into whatever, if anything, is available - hard shoulder, layby, roadside diner etc. "Pull over" does not mean "keep right", as you will naturally be in the most right-hand lane for any driving other than overtaking. Right? That's the law of all civilised countries, right?

As such, to be required to thus "pull over" if I'm doing 60 in a 65 maximum speed limit is absurd by any sane definition. If you're so beat up at being held just 5MPH below the maximum speed limit, get over yourself and overtake when safe to do so. Better still, quit driving, because you're clearly not safe to so do.

I would have to check back to ensure that this was what the original poster intended when he said "pull over", or whatever it was he said. In the meantime, WTF is with the fury here? I get the keyboard warrior mentality on politics forums right enough, but hypermiling?