View Single Post
Old 08-10-2013, 09:31 AM   #180 (permalink)
songman
In the slow lane

Civic Type R - '08 Honda Civic
90 day: 38.19 mpg (US)
Here's the quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bestclimb View Post
In AK there is a law that if you are driving below the PSL and 5 or more cars are following, you are required to use a pull out to let them pass. So your options are to pull out and let traffic flow, or speed up to the PSL to make the law no longer applicable. It does not mean that I don't have a right to cruse at some speed lower than the PSL it means that I have to be aware of my presence in the traffic flow. If others seem oblivious it does not negate my responsibility.

He's not saying you have to keep right, he's saying you have to either:

1) Move off the road or

2) Speed up to the speed of the approaching nednecks.

As such, poster XYZ clearly misunderstood what Bestclimber meant by "pull over", and what I meant in responding:

Quote:
Originally Posted by XYZ View Post
Where? Here's where. Here is your quote, repeated again:

Quote:
I find that extraordinary. If you're driving 60 in a 65 maximum zone, you a required to move up to the maximum or pull over to let others through???

Have you no memory of what you said? Yes, that's what "keep right except to pass" means - that you are required to move up to the maximum or pull over to let others through. Your convenient loss of memory of your initial statement is "extraordinary", indeed.

Happy now? "Pull over" means "pull off the road", not "keep right (slowest lane)". And since, again, you should keep right anyway and in all circumstances, this should speak for itself. I suspect that, as a speed freak who is unlikely to obey any road conventions, you don't respect this convention and hence your misunderstanding.