View Single Post
Old 06-26-2008, 01:37 AM   #90 (permalink)
MPaulHolmes
PaulH

Michael's Electric Beetle - '71 Volkswagen Superbeetle 500000
Thanked 1,202 Times in 765 Posts
hi, My name is title, how are you?

Well, I tested it, and it worked very well. I hooked it to the transmission, and the dang thing really spun quite silently! But there were some concerns that it wasn't the absolute center, and since I couldn't move the transmission around, since there was almost no room because the 12 spacer bolts were inside the bell housing hogging up all the space, I decided to drill 12 new holes, giving me a bit of space away from the edge of the bell housing. Also, I made sure the lovejoy was set on the motor post perfectly square (or whatever the term is) with a big glob of JB weld, since it had some wiggle on the keyway. Well, that was yesterday, and there is wiggle no more! I also spread a bunch of JB on my toast. It is really really tasty! Now I can't open my mouth though. It's really sad, so I must type for the rest of my life just to communicate! Really! I'm not lying...

So, now I need to find out if it still runs as smooth with the JB locking that dang coupler into place. It was sort of a risk to do that. I hope it works. I used a level to see if it was on right. I hope it works! Now, I need to put that dang thing back into the car, after adding the sludge inside the CV joint that is straight up nasty and not very sludgy.

Why is cocaine racist?

White Powder! White Powder!!! (I just made that up)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1406.JPG
Views:	210
Size:	92.9 KB
ID:	1023   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1408.JPG
Views:	235
Size:	90.6 KB
ID:	1024   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1407.JPG
Views:	258