View Single Post
Old 08-11-2013, 09:44 AM   #186 (permalink)
songman
In the slow lane

Civic Type R - '08 Honda Civic
90 day: 38.19 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by XYZ View Post
Lunacy my a$$. Disagree and rant all you want. The topic under discussion is the law in many states about slower traffic allowing others to pass.

We're allowed to post and respond to any and all posts that occur over the development of the thread. The post that Bestclimb made, to which I responded, are examples of such. If you have an issue with that, contact the mods and have them run it by you.

Quote:
You obviously do not understand what a turnout is. Go look at post #165 which gives actual photos of signs for turnouts (AKA slow vehicle lanes) http://ecomodder.com/forum/384408-post165.html

In the same way I don't need to know the exact composition of the moon to know what the moon basically is, I infer from the part of Bestclimb's post I quoted that a "turnout" is a part of the road structure that permits moving off the main carriageway, for whatever purpose (in our case, to let others pass, whether or not this is its main or only purpose). In the absence of any suggestion to the contrary, I'm assuming this is correct.

Quote:
As for your comments about those who want to drive at a speed that is legally permissible as being "rednecks" your perpetual rants reek of bias, bigotry and anger.

That's your opinion. The impression I've gained from several posts in this thread is a almost manic level of anger and intolerance from just those same drivers. I suspect you may be one such. In that case, I would expect your opinion to be thus. My opinion is that furious boy-racers (or old man racers for that matter) are rednecks of one kind or another. We differ on that one.

Quote:
Better stay in England. You wouldn't last long in Alaska.

You're a very angry, confrontational poster, do you know that? And I thought I could get worked up .

I've never driven abroad, including in the US - public transport has always been adequate. I do suspect that the actual situation on US roads isn't quite the fury bin of permanent ego meltdown it's portrayed as in this thread. I suspect we have our fair share of like-minded rednecks and speed freaks. That said, I'll keep my eyes peeled for those "minimum speed limit" signs I've learnt about in this thread if the occasion ever arises, which I'd be delighted if it did.