View Single Post
Old 08-14-2013, 11:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
2002 Prius for... I really don't believe it.

First of all, I hate Win8. Thanks for listening.

Some post reminded me of a Craigslist listing for a Prius that I saw many times, it seemed like it was for sale for a long time. I just remembered that the lister said that it was so fun to drive that he or she never got as good mileage as he or she should have. It has probably been months, the car is not up anymore, but I saw this:

It just said that it was a 2002 for $1991, so I figured that it was a wreck and already sold--the listing was three days old.

I sent a message, she asked for my e-mail address, and this sounds like a whole lot of too good to be true, but I am a fool, and I currently have money, so we will see:

Up for sale is a 2002 Toyota Prius, 4 door gas/electric hybrid sedan. The car has a clean title. It comes with a 1.5L gas / electric hybrid engine and has only 67821 miles on it. Comes with alloy rims. The price is low, because I need to sell it before August, 25th. Always adult driven and garaged, never abused. If you are interested, it's still available for sale and the price, as stated in the ad, is $1,990. Let me know if you are interested, email back.

Here are the pictures:

Why doesn't it have a license plate? The KBB for a 2002 Prius with 290,000+ miles is $2,044 in fair condition, so unless this has both a bad transmission and traction battery, I just do not understand the price. Kelly says $4,854 for one with this mileage, in good condition.