Thread: Road rage tales
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2013, 12:26 PM   #27 (permalink)
Jasen
Ecomodest

The Van - '97 Chevy Astro AWD cargo van
90 day: 14.03 mpg (US)
My best one.
13-14 years ago I drove an 85 Toyota 2wd SR5 long bed p/u, still miss that little truck, avg 28mpg.
Morning commute in heavy traffic on a 4 lane. 2 blocks up from the light the road splits. Traffic stops but theres enough room for me to get through the light and be clear of the intersection when Joe Eclipse, yes another one, swerves over in front off me. I stomp on the binders and manage to stop just inches from clipping him, I toss my hands in the air to gesture WTH. For the next 2 block's "he's" in control and is going to school me by only driving 3-4 mph. We get to the split and the road turn's back to a 4 lane. As soon as the second lane open's up I accelerator and change lane's, only to have him nearly clean the bugs off my license plate cutting me off. I down swift, abrupt faint to the right, drop the hammer, dump the clutch and take him on the left. A few blocks down the road I'm in the curb lane and he's next to me at the light and I can hear him over my radio screaming his head off and blasting his horn. Apparently he has really pissed himself off, I just ignored him. Light turn's green and as we start to move he swerves at me. I look over and he points a small revolver at me. I duck and slam the hammer down, cut off a few cars making a left through the intersection from the curb lane. I look in the mirror hoping he couldn't make the turn, no such luck. As we'er ripping through narrow semi rural residential streets at 60-70 mph, street's I frequent in the company's 35' box truck, I'm loosing him in the turn's but he's catching me on the strait's. I head for a T'd intersection, hard on the brake's, drop into 2nd, dump the clutch and flip a 180 in a cloud of smoke. I look into the mirror to see him sideways and stopped just short of putting his Eclipes in a country ditch. Informed the local PD and Sheriff about it once I got to work.
Made that same commute for another year and never saw him again, although I did leave the house 20 min's earlier for the next 6-8 weeks.
It's amazing how mad they can get at others for their own screw up's and bad driving.