View Single Post
Old 08-18-2013, 07:58 PM   #8 (permalink)
California98Civic
Cyborg ECU

Black and Green - '98 Honda Civic DX Coupe
Team Honda
90 day: 66.42 mpg (US)

Black and Red - '00 Nashbar Custom built eBike
90 day: 3671.43 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,172 Times in 1,469 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gealii View Post
the update was to fix the power draw on Gm vehicles with a few others. the only way i know to get the update is to go to the UG website select to purchase the free update and ship it back to the company it only costs you the shipping fees
I failed to find the update for this parasitic draw on their site. In fact, their statements seem only to be mainly about declaring it no big deal (which is sorta true). The gauge has a backup battery, I think, so I could just unplug it.

BTW, 5kwh over 17 days = 0.29412 kwh/day = 0.01226 per hour. That means I lost about 12.26 watts per hour, or that the draw on the system was 12.26 watts. Some portion of that was the Ultra Gauge, and 12+ watts seems high, but I guess some of it is the charger itself, its indicator lights, its fan, and etc...
See my car's mod & maintenance thread and my electric bicycle's thread for ongoing projects. I will rebuild Black and Green over decades as parts die, until it becomes a different car of roughly the same shape and color. My minimum fuel economy goal is 55 mpg while averaging posted speed limits. I generally top 60 mpg. See also my Honda manual transmission specs thread.