Thread: vacuum brakes
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2008, 05:07 PM   #14 (permalink)
ttoyoda
Master EcoModder

Quote:
any way to check if fuel is shut off? or maybe I should just add a manual switch for the fuel pump?
This is for a manual transmission, I have not driven auto for 22 years so...
While coasting downhill, turn the key off, (your steering wheel will be locked so Danger, Will Robinson), was there a change? Turn ignition on (only to run, no starter motor, I am ass-u-ming the engine restarts from the auto trans drag). Was there a change? If you sense a change, the injectors were on during normal downhill coasting. In my cars, they are on. I would suggest turning off ignition with a switch rather than fuel pump, because that way you will not have the delay of re-pressureizing the fuel system on restart.

Quote:
I've seen vac tanks added to EVs - they don't have to be as giant as a propane tank. People have used DIY sections of capped PVC pipe plumbed into the system.

I agree with you about the size, I happen to have a lot of propane tanks around, and I made a tool to remove the valve, plus they are already threaded, they are free, etc. So whenever some one says "tank" I always think propane tank.