View Single Post
Old 08-25-2013, 03:19 PM   #59 (permalink)
NH scrap
EcoModding Lurker

pizza runner - '94 toyota corolla dx
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps2fixer View Post
Both of them cars are not exactly on my "wanted" list . I'm a bit pickey though. For the corolla, my requirements (currently) is a 5 speed manual, 96-97, under 200k miles, has a super solid body (michigan cancer is a problem here lol). Year range is due to OBD2, and in 98 they redesigned the engine and I'm not as fond of them. According to my research, corollas lasted around 250-300k miles on average, so targeting 200k or less when possible, and finally we in Michigan have a thing called michigan cancer, also known as rust lol. My current car fails every check except the year lol.

The wagons are nice, however if my research was correct, they are AWD, aka 4 wheel drive which hits MPG some, I'm trying to target a reliable but best MPG possible car . I also have a Camry, but those things suck the gas a lot more, mainly due to being 1000 pounds fatter, and being wider/taller.
as far as i know some of the older Tercels were all wheel drive
i have never seen an 93' or newer corolla that was anything more than front wheel drive.
we get our cars eaten by salt air & road salt so i know all about cancer.
i have found some corollas in the area that have great bodies
others not so good,mine is in good shape.

i have never had a check engine light come on my corolla & i have put over 100k on it. that is why i like the OBD1 cars so much
lots less junk on them that will cost you a pile of cash to replace when you have to go get a state inspection.