View Single Post
Old 08-26-2013, 11:05 AM   #25 (permalink)
elhigh
Master Novice

Josie - '87 Toyota Pickup
90 day: 29.5 mpg (US)

Felicia - '09 Toyota Prius Base
90 day: 50.48 mpg (US)
Bingo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by California98Civic View Post
He seems to suffer from a serious personality disorder: 30mph in a 55 zone with one lane, lots of traffic, and no shoulder is bad enough but ignoring nine officer warnings and continuing the behavior even when the officer is following you home is pathological.
And that's where the rubber meets the road. Going 30 in a 55 (I haven't read the article yet but I will, so if that factoid is off I'll come back and edit) is dangerously slow. Yes, tjts, I'll give you that one. Single lane, traffic, etc. If your hoopy can't hack it, pull over and let the stack go by. But dangerously slow isn't really the central issue here.

[edit]
Okay, 45 in a 55 is borderline. 30 in a 55 is way, way below the line. You'd better be driving something built by John Deere and flying a big ol' SMV before I tolerate that...and you should still move over to let a stack of traffic go by if you're causing congestion behind you.

Never heard it called a fog line before. But if the guy is drifting all the way over the fog line, isn't that just another example of, if not impaired, then at least reckless driving? Part of what makes traffic safe is everybody is doing more-or-less, with reasonable variations, the same thing at the same time. This guy is doing his own thing in his own little world, which unfortunately meshes to some degree with ours. Get him off the road.
[/edit]

Based on what I've seen so far, this dude is either deranged or stoned. In either case, I'd pull him over and crack out whatever statute I could find to get him off the road and keep him off. Because I want neither a crazy nor an impaired driver on the road. So shine up your walking shoes, man - you're gonna need 'em.

Lead or follow. Either is fine.