View Single Post
Old 08-30-2013, 11:47 PM   #104 (permalink)
Allch Chcar
EtOH

Cordelia - '15 Mazda Mazda3 i Sport
90 day: 37.83 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cRiPpLe_rOoStEr View Post
Isn't brewery waste already included in livestock feeding?
Yes, it's been done for years.
cRiPpLe_rOoStEr, you wouldn't happen to know of engine failure rates in Brazil associated with Ethanol would you? I heard someone say that engine failure is common there. I tried searching but all I could find were failures attributed to poorly regulated fuel quality. :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by serialk11r View Post
I tried E20 once and got one of my best tanks, but I am definitely itching to fill a jug with E85 and do long term testing/dyno runs.
That can happen, I've seen MPG plummet after every increase in Ethanol due to getting 13MPG around town after getting 30MPG on the interstate. I'm sharing a vehicle so I don't do all the driving.

I want to do some testing while driving to other E85 stations. There are some long stretches of barren highway here. But I've been in bed from seasonal allergies.

I put ~E40 in yesterday but I haven't driven it long enough or hard enough to get a CEL. E85 is expensive here, but Gasoline finally jumped up enough to make a semi-decent spread. $2.99 vs $3.50 and Premium is $3.80. After this tank I'm going to put a tank of Regular for it's regular service.