View Single Post
Old 09-02-2013, 08:37 PM   #15 (permalink)
slowmover
Banned

2004 CTD - '04 DODGE RAM 2500 SLT
Team Cummins
90 day: 19.36 mpg (US)
On classical music radio stations was the change to no dead air a few years back. Apparently the morons were confused by the cessation of sound down to complete stillness. And the marketing majors, the MBA's and other detritus of our society helped force the move to the announcer immmediately speaking before the last notes died. None of them, it seems, ever played or performed music that requires talent, much less discipline or skill. Or, a mind. I am certain that no new listeners are attracted, it just lessens (in some cases, ruins) the experience desired. (One is patient with audiences at a performance who applaud at the end of a movement versus the actual ending . . they'll learn. They've given time and effort to be present after all).

Attacting the ignorant has ruined more than one site at which I used to read or participate . . the lack of any search of previous posts on a subject tends to be the marker: "Hi, it's ME, Me, me, me, meeeeeee!!!" The original participants who made the site so interesting often fall away after The Deluge.

Responding with "Do a search" falls on deaf ears . . as does providing links to same all too often. I am surprised, as one usually (though not always) can find the more interesting and knowledgeable participants. I can switch my search to one combining a key word and their screen name. This has taken me direclty to my area of interest any number of times . . and I an PM those folks as well. I've directed others on other sites as they come across my posts. Etc.

Anyone with a mission to convert the heathen has best wishes. On their own dime & time. After all, it isn't hard to find this site.

I am not arguing "no changes", I leave that to the owners, thank them for their effort (and hope it is rewarding) and extend best wishes for the future.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to slowmover For This Useful Post:
Frank Lee (09-02-2013), jamesqf (09-03-2013), MetroMPG (09-02-2013), mikeyjd (09-05-2013), YukonCornelius (09-06-2013)