View Single Post
Old 09-03-2013, 02:13 PM   #14 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by euromodder View Post
The weight loss after running, is just sweat.
The real weight loss, is utterly minimal.
Are you hungry when you return from a run ?

Go back to the basics :
7000 kilocalories (kcal) less = 1 kg (just over 2 pounds) less.
Cut down the intake.

Running hard for short periods will NOT improve your condition.
You'll just get tired.
Train for longer periods, at least over 1 hour, but not as hard, say 70-80% of your max. heart rate
(rough formula : 220 - age ; if you were a sporty guy : 205 - half your age)

If you want to lose fat, training @ 60-70% max. heart rate for a longer time will do the trick.
You shouldn't really sweat (in normal conditions - AZ isn't really normal)
You shouldn't be hungry when you get home from training - unless it's your regular time to eat .
If you can stand it, go out and train sober to loose more fat - you force your body to use the stored fat as no fast sugars are available.
Well, yes, I just multiply each pound that I lost by sixteen to get the liquid ounces that I lost. I will be weighed after running the same distance, so I should sweat the same amount.

No, I do not even think about food when I come back, I just want to lie on a hammock in a cold and dark room, but I understand that if I do not eat and drink, it will take me longer to restore my energy, and if I do not consume protein, my push-ups are supposed to be for nothing.

Seven thousand is the average between fat, starch, and protein?

I eat about half of what I used to--I used to have a high metabolism, but it betrayed me!

I think that I would have been fine had I exercised the entire time that I was home, but I worry that as I eat less, my metabolism slows down further.

I used to always order two foot-long sandwiches from Subway (the low-fat ones, with plenty of vegetables) or two chicken burritos from a Mexican restaurant. Now I only eat one, which is now too much, I need to find something smaller.

When I would go out to eat, I always tried to find something reasonably healthy, with plenty of vegetables, although few places had servings large enough for me.

Many times I took a girl to dinner and she watched me eat two plates.

Now the girls out-eat me.

For breakfast, I have two servings of Slim Fast Protein after my run. For lunch and dinner I have chicken and vegetables.

I have tried to measure my heart rate after a run and I always mess up.

Considering my performance, I would not call myself "a sporty guy."

I have heard many times that running slower burns more fat, but yes, I would imagine that would really require that you exercised longer, at that slower speed. Also, muscle is supposed to burn fat throughout the day, so many argue that weight-lifting burns more calories than cardio.

When I was Active Duty, running slowly always hurt my knees, while I did not have that problem if I could run quickly. Sadly, my speed is now slow, but my knees have not hurt since I started running. Maybe two miles is not enough to cause problems.

I always figure that if I ran enough to lose weight, my knees would hurt less.

No, nothing about Arizona is normal, but we love our "winters!"

I am afraid that I do not understand the last bit. Train sober?

Fasting?

I started taking a one-ounce serving of Zzzquil (with melatonin tablets) some months ago and was able to sleep much better, but that is the only alcohol that I consume.

Unfortunately, I keep sleeping nine hours. Sometimes more. I would set an alarm, but it always takes me a while to fall asleep. I guess that I should allot eight and a half hours.

Until I deployed, I usually woke up after six hours, although I had a problem falling asleep in class, at Church, and when visiting people. At least I do not do that anymore, although I usually seem to be daydreaming.

As usual, this post is far too long, although I edited down a fair amount. Usually, the more that I edit a message, the more disjointed and robotic it sounds.

When I got back this morning my roommate asked about how I was moving my arms. Several times, Sergeants told us that if we needed to run faster, to move our arms harder, while if we were running slowly, to move our arms less.

I only pump my arms when I consider that I am running quickly, but I consider myself to be a very slow runner now.

So, I am not moving my arms enough? A quick Google search shows that runners need to move their arms, but nothing conclusive about the effect.

I want A-B-A testing!