View Single Post
Old 09-05-2013, 04:13 PM   #33 (permalink)
Wonderboy
Master EcoModder

The Fruit Bat - '01 Honda Insight
Last 3: 54.26 mpg (US)

Current - '21 Subaru Impreza Wagon
90 day: 34.36 mpg (US)
The only updates to the physical bits are that the transmission and motor are now mated with a custom plate and a lovejoy coupler. It hasn't been put into the engine bay or propelled the car, but I've powered on the motor and the connection appears to be very true and solid.

Fortuitous you should ask this because I've finally transferred the title to me (I kept the signed previous owner's title because I knew I wasn't going to be putting it on the road anytime soon). The reason I did this is because I'm going to be looking to sell the project if anyone be willing. Not only have I found no need for an EV given my biking lifestyle, but subsequently no need to try building one. Similar applies to the CRXFi - I have a perfectly good Insight that I use for occasional in-town cargo trips and long highway trips. No need for a minimalist CRX that it's difficult to hear audio books in due to all the paneling being removed. Could paneling be added? sure. Do I have an interest/time in doing that? Nope. I'll also be selling the CRXFi and a 91 Civic HB that comes with a free additional (but title-less) parts car. Posts in the FS section to give EM members the first crack at it are forthcoming... Everything must go!