View Single Post
Old 09-06-2013, 04:54 PM   #74 (permalink)
slownugly
Burn lean and prosper\\//

VLX - '93 Honda Civic VLX
Team Honda
90 day: 51.1 mpg (US)
so my engines been at the machine shop since june. i was hoping to get this thing at least running before winter. looks like that wont happen. im still collecting parts. i got the entire fuel system under control. im using an electric fuel pump activated by a fuel pump relay via an oil pressure safety switch. that way i can leave the key on engine off and listen to the radio and i wont have the fuel pump buzzing away until i crank it over. ive got all the short block accessories. (oil pump, oil pickup, balancer, timing chain, cam and lifters)

on a good note the engine block is totally done and i gave the machinist money to order a new crank kit, pistons,rings, and bearings. i just need to get the dang thing back so i can build it!!

nothing new other than that. i have some gauges picked out that will look vintage but be modern tech. i have a nice tach, mpg vaccum gauge, and oil pressure gauge picked out all the same size.

i changed my pictures over to a different album in my photobucket so ill have to fix that when i get a chance