View Single Post
Old 09-07-2013, 11:30 PM   #60 (permalink)
Frank Lee
(:

Blue - '93 Ford Tempo
Last 3: 27.29 mpg (US)

F150 - '94 Ford F150 XLT 4x4
90 day: 18.5 mpg (US)

Sport Coupe - '92 Ford Tempo GL
Last 3: 69.62 mpg (US)

ShWing! - '82 honda gold wing Interstate
90 day: 33.65 mpg (US)

Moon Unit - '98 Mercury Sable LX Wagon
90 day: 21.24 mpg (US)
Thanked 3,555 Times in 2,218 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by XYZ View Post
Yep, you continue to tell us how intimately well you know that particular road in an effort to revive this thread. Undoubtedly you are an expert about that particular highway.

Unfortunately, highways are designed for motor vehicle traffic, not for the protection of "critters".

I suggest that you lobby your local politicians to reduce the speed limit to an absurdly low number and have them post critter crossings every few hundred feet. Then will you be satisfied?

It's much easier to be provocative by bringing up your defense of a lost cause relentlessly, than to actually make your wishes happen.
I've mentioned it exactly twice, and the last time contained a new observation.

Don't be daft. 55 is a plenty good speed limit in good conditions. Then again, conditions aren't always good. Statute and common sense allows for adjusting speed to prevailing conditions.

Statute requires motorists to drive at speeds that are safe for conditions. If the roads are thick with creatures it's prudent or maybe even legally required to drive at such a speed where avoidance is possible.

My wish isn't for a different speed limit or more signage. My wish is for you egomaniacs to realize the entire universe doesn't revolve around your desire to put the hammer down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xyz
Hmm. No one is asking or demanding you or anyone else to change. It's only an extended discussion. Hardly a "forum killer".

But since you are apparently very upset, maybe Jeezus might help you with that.

If not, the previously offered alternative might help:

Thread Tools -> Unsubscribe from this thread -> *click*

(It's interesting how some rant and threaten to unsubscribe from the thread, but never actually do. It must be irresistible. )
You wrote that?

Last edited by Frank Lee; 09-08-2013 at 12:32 AM..