Thread: Gadgetmangroove
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2013, 03:57 PM   #24 (permalink)
racprops
Master EcoModder

All I can say is that out of 5 cars we did, him personally doing his grove on all of them, NONE of the cars got any change in mileage.

Only one truck show any improvement in HP on a Dyno. It had a Hemi and high RPMs.

On my Ford with all the testing readouts, I saw the injector duty cycle go up at the same point without the grove they didn't. I saw no change in MPG. I can't remember the excite numbers, but it was something like Throttle Position 20% and duty cycle 30% stock and with the grove TP20% and duty cycle 40%. A jump in fuel used.

All the grove does in my opinion is open your throttle faster than stock and make the car take off faster, it does this by letting in more air and thus more gas, you can get the same reaction by pushing harder on your throttle peddle.

On my van it caused a jump take off with a second later drop off when things tried to run normally, I removed it as soon as I could to rid it of that problem.

I think he really believes it works...and I think most customers do so from the seat of the pants feeling of more power in their own car with the change, IE the car has more power as it takes off faster so IE IT must be making more HP and more HP with the same amount of fuel (wrong..but believable to the layman) SO it must give better MPG.

I think people then expecting better MPG and wanting more MPG self forfill the dream and drive tamer and get better MPG...

My 2 cents.

Rich