View Single Post
Old 09-13-2013, 06:13 PM   #124 (permalink)
RustyLugNut
Master EcoModder

I think you read too much into the whole conspiracy world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by racprops View Post
So the Fish carb, the Pouge carb, Tom Ogal, Stanley Mires, and Dozen of others are all faking it and lining??

Even Shell Engineers: Shell Opel

Read the whole article and see what they have done over the decades in MPG.

Grated these cars would never really be drivable in a real world and grated these were tested at a flying mile..IE At speed and then tested...

BUT they do show there is possibles.

OH BY the way do you know that the gas companies have been adding stuff JUST to fowl and stop vapor carbs...

Rich
Additives have been put into gasoline to control vapor pressure and the consequential output of smog producing HC (hydrocarbons). They still evaporate if given the proper conditions. I have used leaded and un-leaded gasoline in my vapor systems. The E10 found locally works even better. E85, when I can get it, is by far the most effective ( low evaporation energies for ethanol ). Collection of heat from the cooling system as well as the exhaust coupled with platinum catalysts ( quite expensive I know ) give you the required vapors plus a measurable amount of synthetic natural gas ( Coal Gas - in years past ).

I can evaporate the longest chain tar molecules if I wanted to. There is no conspiracy.

And I am not discounting the work of Ogle, Fish and others - things just don't work like they supposed they did. And believe me, I bought plans from the back of Popular Science Magazine and built them to the best of my capabilities as a teenager. Don't discount the fact I was a teen, I was the winner of several awards in woodworking, plastic and metal. And I had completed several college level classes in physics, chemistry and mathematics. So I knew my stuff - the advantage of being an immigrant kid with a speech impediment - I had no distractions.