Thread: Two more HXes
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2013, 04:29 PM   #40 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepdog 44 View Post
I really hope you find what you're looking for! I remember doing the same thing for 6 months till i found what i wanted. It was worth it. I would'nt get hung up about epa ratings between different years on the same "model." As long as it lean burns and has a manual, you can average far higher mpg than the epa estimates.

Yes 1st gen HCH both CVT and MT had leanburn. Can't say for sure but CA model did not have lean burn on any transmission option. If it has an ULEV sticker it lean burns. SULEV does not.

How do you get notifications on hx's for sale?

My only advice is to broaden your search for other models too. That and go see any nearby cars and do test drives. Some items not on the checklist, you find you can live with.
I use List-Alert.com. I guess that I will put in one for Prii, but that really sounds like a waste of time. I do not know how to sort out the overpriced newer ones from the overpriced older ones.

Heh. I limited it to $1000 and $3,500 and it showed two salvage Prii. Honestly, I think that someone could make one good Prius out of them, but that person will not be me.

Last edited by Xist; 09-14-2013 at 04:34 PM..