View Single Post
Old 09-15-2013, 12:36 PM   #160 (permalink)
RustyLugNut
Master EcoModder

This is so full of conspiracy nonsense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by racprops View Post
As I figured, people here will not believe even if Jesus himself presented it.

Well after all your effort to drive like kooks and to streamline your cars, finding a system that might give you twice the MPG where all your efforts failed to do, I too would not want to hear about it either.

I will not bother you any more.

Rich
I build HHO systems that flat out work. Within reason.

And I have had no problems with "suppression".

I have a business with a BBB listing as well as a phone number. I have my name and engineering license on various white papers and trade journals. And yet, no oil company "goons" have come to take me and my knowledge away. I have had them contact me for process subsystems and for my knowledge in toxic compound remediation. If you can help them make a buck, they will contact you. Oil companies WANT greater fuel economy because it extends their business base.

What I have had, is a stream of investors and "partners" that "want in" if I can make a doodad that will "double a cars fuel mileage" with a single stroke. I show them the required monies needed to do a proper integrated system that meets both governmental requirements as well as customer satisfaction requirements but "only" produces 15% fuel economy advantage in the EPA FTP 75 drive cycle. They tell me I obviously don't know what I'm doing since I don't know how to double a cars fuel economy.

People such as you, racerops, damage the credible work efforts of the aforementioned FVT, Transonic and others - people who have real engineering efforts building real science based products. The hurdle to bring such systems to market is so huge, that most will fail. Not because of "suppression" but because that is the way the market works.

The internet has allowed us wonderful connectivity to a wealth of information. It also allows us to derive an "internet education" that can be dangerous as information without the filter of foreknowledge results in errors. It also allows errors to rapidly propagate without the strictures of editing and proper peer review. It results in people ignoring extensive education, experience and criticism and simply saying "that's all nice and all . . . but look at this YouTube video!"

You have not presented "Proof". You have produced anecdotal evidence. If you cannot discern the difference, you will have great problems in argument here. I can already see that you have. I reside on the Ecomodder forums even though I disagree with many about things like HHO and vapor carbs. Many are adamant in their belief that they cannot work at all. But, to their credit, they have this section ( the unicorn coral ) that at least allows discussion. My goal is to develop a rolling testbed I can drive to the various members in the North American region and have them test it to their satisfaction. Will it "double your mileage"? No. Will it be "marketable"? Most likely not. But, it will expand our knowledge base which is the goal of this forum. How long will it take? I don't know. I still have to earn my daily bread like most people.

And it is obvious you have not extensively read through the forum content. Many people DO double their mileage on a regular basis with reasonable driving and aerodynamic modifications as well as good vehicle choices.