View Single Post
Old 09-19-2013, 01:31 PM   #39 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by night9 View Post
I know it may seam cheesy but P90x works. I followed the videos and didn't vary my diet much and I lost 40 pounds in 4 months (210lbs to 170lbs). I could do so many more push ups and pull ups. It also made playing soccer on the weekends so much easier and I didn't even need to go running during the week. I felt faster and less fatigued. Another benefit was because I wasn't running all week to get into shape, by the time the weekend would roll around and it was time to hit the field my knees and ankles would already be recovered from the pounding they got from all the running I did the previous weekend.

I also feel like Omega 3's are definitely important for your bodies overall health. GNC makes a Fish oil supplement that doesn't make you burp fish flavor all day. It really helped with my knee pain and dry skin.
I mentioned Insanity before, I have done a little with my unit. The Army likes to punish Soldiers! I would imagine that P90x would also be good and I read good things about Crossfit, but it sounded complicated. Doing a different workout every day makes sense, but also seems very problematic.

I have been worried about my knees. Sometimes they hurt even when I am not exercising. In Germany, it seemed like they hurt when I ran slowly, which was almost every time that I ran in a group, while I would feel fine if I ran quickly.

They say that you put three times your body weight on your feet each time that you run a step. I would think that would depend. Soldiers told me that my situation made sense, because the slower that you ran, the more that your weight just went up and down on your knees, while the faster that you run, the more that it goes forward. I really do not know, but I have been running slowly, and had I not finally run sufficiently quickly this morning, I would have wanted to start running twice a day.

I am not very fond of burping and burping fish oil sounds even worse.

How tall are you? I am not entire sure that I want to be down to a hundred and seventy again.

I should be able to run faster, though, as well as do more push-ups and pull-ups.