View Single Post
Old 09-23-2013, 09:19 PM   #76 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 30.49 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,218 Times in 1,709 Posts
Jedi Sol, I have been on this site since last June, and have only removed the crossmembers on my roof rack. I have tried a few other things. I had wanted to cover my fog lights, but I could not think of how to do it properly. I finally used duct tape, hoping that in desperation, my mind would come up with something better.

Not before the duct tape peeled off. It did not last long.

I really liked your simple technique of using painter's tape and then plasti-dipped coroplast secured with double-sided tape.

I actually think that I will do that. I grabbed a full-sized campaign sign last year and ordered two 2'x4' sheets of ABS, but never felt that I had a good use for them.

I keep watching for Civic HXes, because an idiot could get better mileage in one of those than an Ecomodder can get in Bacon, and also, I really need to spend more of my time on school, but I think that your work looks great, and I wish you the best of luck with your ecomodding and other endeavors.

Do you mind if I ask why you chose plastic wrap and foil instead of wax? Everybody says to apply it several times and buff it thoroughy, but one guy on YouTube seemed to have good success just applying a thick layer and moving on.

I remember a Yaris owner that made a grill block with Great Stuff and he made it look awesome, but it seems like everyone else has it shrink. I have thought of projects that would involve endless cutting and sanding of foam block, but that should be done easily with Great Stuff, if it just did not shrink.

Jasen, does the marine foam shrink?