View Single Post
Old 09-25-2013, 03:33 AM   #4 (permalink)
briogio
EcoModding Lurker

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbaber View Post
Maybe while you search for a shop we could help out? Are you using the stock CX harness? If you started out with a code 48, the first step is to buy a new quality O2 sensor like OEM or NTK. If you kept the stock harness obviously the 5 wire had to be spliced into the harness, so double check the wiring diagram on the ECU to make sure every wire is where it needs to be.

Code 12 is the EGR, so replace the EGR valve, clean the passages, and once again if it's the stock harness the EGR had to be spliced in so make sure all the wires are running to the appropriate ECU pins.

Code 20 is the ELD, try this procedure: Code 20 ELD (Electric load detector) - Honda-Tech

Code 41 is your O2 sensor again. This should be fixed when you replace the O2 & verify correct wiring.

The ECU is telling you the problems, but sometimes it comes down to a faulty ECU. I'm not really sure of what all you have tried, but I would be happy to help out if you want to give more info. Good luck
Thanks a lot cbaber for the encouragement, but to be honest I've lost all hope that I can fix this problem. I have never enjoyed or been very good with the "black art" of electrics. I'm good with stuff I can see but not very good with stuff I can't.