View Single Post
Old 09-25-2013, 07:23 PM   #6232 (permalink)
jyanof
Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEBART PL View Post
My capacitors are the same as originall coguar in the picture top left green and black tape conected by wieres with B- and B+ with power board.

Coul you tell me more about snubber, like an RC snubber what parametrs I could try?

My problem at the moment is that controler works with 100A battery limits when I have incresed current to 200A mosfets blown up and get short circuit
It's a bit hard to tell where things are in the picture, but ideally the power connections between the capacitors, mosfets, and diodes be as short as possible to minimize parasitic inductance.

If I remember right, I measured the voltage spikes on the mosfets of the power board for the cougar controller to be about 20V above the battery voltage (also depends on the motor current). If your configuration doesn't have similar characteristics, the voltage spikes could be exceeding the mosfet voltage rating.

It would be great to get ahold of an oscilloscope so you can investigate what these spikes are for your configuration.

I've never had to use an RC snubber, but if you search the net there are design resources out there.

http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...ting-9325.html