View Single Post
Old 10-09-2013, 05:43 PM   #250 (permalink)
darcane

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSGC View Post
I have a problem, my rear suspension is sagging too low. I had installed Skunk2 coils with 450 lbs/in spring rate and 5" long and its not enough. I am looking at new coils from Ground Controls but cant decide on the spring rate.

Does anyone have any insight? I was thinking about 6" or 7" long with a spring rate of 1200 lbs/inch but not sure if that is way too much. I don't want to lower the car, I want it to stock height.
Were the Skunk2 springs lowering springs?

I just installed GCs on my Civic. Stock rear spring for the kit is 5 inches long, 425 lbs/in spring rate. My goal was to lower it, so I didn't check how high I could get rear of the car. But, the kit is intended to adjust up to stock height.

Granted, that is without a pile of batteries in the trunk.

How much weight do you have back there? 1200lbs/in is going to be way too stiff unless you have a lot more batteries than I think you do. Stock spring rate is only about 250 lbs/in, so that is about five times as stiff. I'd guess you'll want something around 500-600 lbs/in, 6" tall and the adjustability of the coilovers will get you the height you need.

For the best answer, call up Ground Control directly. I had to call them up and they had good customer service and were very helpful. If you tell them what you are doing, I'm sure they can recommend a spring that will be perfect.

Ground Control Suspension Systems

2001 Civic HX Mods

CTS-V

2003 Silverado Mods