View Single Post
Old 10-24-2013, 03:44 AM   #1 (permalink)
jeff88
Lots of Questions

Motor-Rolla - '01 Toyota Corolla LE
Team Toyota
90 day: 28.3 mpg (US)

Gaia - '99 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Highlander
90 day: 19.78 mpg (US)

Gaia - Round 2 - '99 Toyota 4runner SR5 Highlander
90 day: 17.3 mpg (US)
1985-1989 MR2 Wheels on 2001 Corolla

I've been looking here and there at new wheels for the Corolla to replace the stock steelies. I want lighter weight and aerodynamic wheels. I want something that is as flat as possible with as few holes as possible, while still having some style. (I would prefer not to have pizza pans or moons.)

I like the Hyundai offerings, but 2 issues: One is finding them for non-stealership prices. Second is they're Hyundai wheels! I can't put them on my Toyota!

Kia has some nice ones, but they have the same problems as above. They also seem to be a little more 'open' then I would want (and the Hyundai's).

So just tonight, I saw the wheels on an MR2.

One issue. They are 4 bolts. Is there an adapter I can use for my Corolla? Another concern is weight. I wonder if these would actually save me any weight at the corners.
I like these, because they offer some style, without being overly 'open'. The three holes also seem like they would make good mounting points should I want to make a cover of sorts.

Any ideas?

Best EM Quotes:
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohead View Post
It has been said, that if you peel the duct tape back on Earth's equator, you'll find that the two hemispheres are held together with J B Weld.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan9 View Post
subscribed with a soda.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohead View Post
If you're burning,and someone throws gasoline on you,there will be a localized cooling effect, but you're still on fire.