View Single Post
Old 10-26-2013, 01:28 AM   #10 (permalink)
jeff88
Lots of Questions

Motor-Rolla - '01 Toyota Corolla LE
Team Toyota
90 day: 28.3 mpg (US)

Gaia - '99 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Highlander
90 day: 19.78 mpg (US)

Gaia - Round 2 - '99 Toyota 4runner SR5 Highlander
90 day: 17.3 mpg (US)
Thanks for the help guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HydroJim View Post
check off set and wheel width before buying. very important factors.
I know those are important, but I'm not sure what I need. Do they need to be the exact same or is there play in the size difference?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacobeagle View Post
What about Prius wheels, aren't the newer models 5-lug?
I think I need 4 lug wheels, so I will have to be careful, because the Prius has both, depending on year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksa8907 View Post
We used to have an '87 oldsmobile cutlass siera, 4 cyl. Had steel wheels and completely smooth hub caps, 14" and 5 bolt iirc.
I may have to look into that for my GF's Cutlass Supreme! I'd prefer alloy wheels, though for weight reduction. That seems to be my biggest problem. I can find wheels/hubcaps like that, but they are always steelies. I can't seem to find what I want in alloys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc View Post
Have you thought about making your own rim? AKA, pizza pans and painting a rim, or painting the "vacant space" of a rim?
I was thinking that exactly today. The only problem is that I still want to get alloy rims and if I'm going to spend the money on nice rims, I don't want to cover them up. If I can find light weight alloy rims that aren't necessarily nice (looks and aerodynamically), but super cheap, then I might go that route.

Best EM Quotes:
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohead View Post
It has been said, that if you peel the duct tape back on Earth's equator, you'll find that the two hemispheres are held together with J B Weld.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan9 View Post
subscribed with a soda.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohead View Post
If you're burning,and someone throws gasoline on you,there will be a localized cooling effect, but you're still on fire.