View Single Post
Old 10-27-2013, 11:39 PM   #229 (permalink)
t vago
MPGuino Supporter

iNXS - '10 Opel Zafira 111 Anniversary

Suzi - '02 Suzuki Swift GL
Quote:
Originally Posted by josemapiro View Post
...create a possibility to choose in the setup menu.
This is probably the route I will go with. I wanted to maintain the behavior of the original code, as best I could. Then again, I modified the dickens out of this same code, so there.

Look for an update in the next few days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardent View Post
I wouldn't be opposed to an auto trip reset #define, but I'm fine with how it is currently.
I can also do that. I already used #defines to turn on/off the idle/EOC tracking feature, so this is really easy to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrzejM View Post
One thing would be good - L/hr display or changing display from L/100km to L/hr during stops.
The code already can display L/hr... but alternating between L/hr and L/100km is an interesting idea. Or did you mean a big numbered L/hr display?

Quote:
Graphs are nifty but not very useful.
The graphs were more of a visual aid to see if a modification (aero mod or engine mod or driving style change) changed anything. The DifFE/time might be generally useful - that ScanGauge E has one, so I figured that MPGuino should also have one.

Quote:
I want to try to change code a bit to read engine's temp instead of pressures.
Engine temperature reading might be tricky, especially if you're just reading the voltage going from the existing ECT sensor to the existing ECM. They sometimes will use two different circuits to supply current to the ECT sensor, depending on engine temperature and internal logic. The low temperature circuit will drive the sensor with a lower current, and the high temperature circuit will use higher current. This is to prevent overdriving the ECT sensor and heating it up at low engine temperatures, while providing accurate ECT readings when the engine is warmed up.

This graph, supposedly for a 1995 Cadillac De Ville, shows a graph of voltage vs engine coolant temperature - note how the voltage changes at 50 C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by josemapiro View Post
Overall I like new code very much. Great job t_vago! Thanks again
Thank you! I'm just glad to help.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2010-04-18_184045_deville.gif
Views:	186
Size:	14.2 KB
ID:	14012