Thread: Artificial Lawn
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2013, 07:17 PM   #42 (permalink)
freebeard
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,596 Times in 7,079 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cRiPpLe_rOoStEr
I would just not be so sure about contacting the state extension agency, unless there are some folks who crop grass commercially back there.
I know I shouldn't LOL (Brazil sounds nice), but we're talking about the Willamette Valley. It's ground zero for our Grass Seed overlords.

What's Astro-Turf made from? Petroleum? Impose order on the chaos and deal with it one plug at a time:

Interlocking Concrete Pavement Institute
______

EDIT: Whelp. To paraphrase and invert the Three Stooges, "I try not to think but nothing happens."

The context is a cul-de-sac with a feeder lane going behind you? HOA much problem?

I'd rent the power tool to turf your existing lawn, roll it up and get it out of there. Regrade the contour into something livable and deposit the overburden in some work area. Sift it, manage the moisture content and add 10% Portland cement. Use a [Cinva-Ram style] hand press or home-brewed hydraulic press to make Compressed Earth Blocks in a custom mold. Lay 6-8' along the drive and sweep a curve up through where the fence is, toward the tree. Then grade the fill back over the edge of the paver field so it all heals in when the grass comes in.

Then, all the work you take on at that point will maximize your joy.

Last edited by freebeard; 11-05-2013 at 07:42 PM..