View Single Post
Old 11-06-2013, 06:30 PM   #33 (permalink)
darcane

Quote:
Originally Posted by California98Civic View Post
If you can get the VSS speed specs for me, that would be a nice addition. The 4th, 5th, and 6th generation Civics have VSS that spin about 1,025 rpm to report 60 mph. Any info on the speedo gears in the trannys too. Anything that confirms or corrects the7th gen gear ratios. Any copy of the specs and service limits page (as I posted for the other generations) would also be a cool addition.
Press release from Honda in 2001 that confirms gear ratios (except Hybrid, it wasn't offered yet).

I'll see what I can find on the rest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by California98Civic View Post
As for that link to a 7th gen civic running a 6th gen tranny you posted a few posts ago, I have seen it. Notice that the thread never concluded. the guy just went silent at a certain point during the process. I didn't find that very convincing. I don't think it proves the swap. You do for some reason?
Well, the fact that it doesn't run is irrelevant to whether the tranny will bolt up. The reason nobody does this swap is because the electronics on the D17 are a pain to get sorted out especially with the immobilizer. This was just one of many I've seen, and it had decent pictures of the two mated together where you could clearly identify the engine and tranny.

How about one (with pics) of the opposite:
2005 EM2 old school d-series swap
D16 with D17 tranny in an EM2.

2001 Civic HX Mods

CTS-V

2003 Silverado Mods
The Following User Says Thank You to darcane For This Useful Post:
California98Civic (12-08-2018)